- Peaceful domestic environment, favorable government policies and improved investor confidence have facilitated all the key sectors to demonstrate a commendable performance in 2011.
- The improved performances in all key sectors of the economy contributed towards the high economic growth.
- With a 58% contribution, the services sector remains the largest contributor to the national economy.
- The strong economic performances in Sri Lanka have lifted country’s per capita income substantially, which has enabled the country to be graduated to middle – income status from the list of Poverty reduction & Growth Trust (PRGT) eligible countries.
- The government has planned to transform Sri Lanka into a strategically important economic centre by developing five strategic hubs; a knowledge hub, a commercial hub, a naval & maritime hub, an aviation hub, and an energy hub, taking the advantage of Sri Lanka’s strategic location & resources.